An Open Letter to My Body
From my inner adolescent who like to peak out every now and then.
- •I'm sorry that I discredit your work, really, I am a huge fan of what you do.
- •You breathe without me asking you to.
- •You pump blood without a thought.
- •I'm sorry that I give you such a hard time about how you look.Without doing anything to change that.
- •I'm sorry that I fill you with so much anxiety and unnecessary thought.And for making your heart and adrenal glands work double time for no reason.
- •I'm sorry that I show you artificial light all day and all night.And keep you up at night thinking of bad things and how you could give up one day.
- •But when I stare at you for long enough... I stop seeing the bad and start embracing what's good.
- •Because some things you can't change.
- •Some things make you who you are.And not just like anyone else.
- •I don't judge anyone the way I judge you.There's something very twisted about that.
- •If I caught someone talking about someone else's body in the way I talk about you... I would call them an asshole and discredit every word they said about the other person.
- •So, I'll stop being an asshole.
- •Because, you really do amazing work.