Father John Listy : An Experience
Title credit belongs to @nathanveshecco . I can't take credit for that genius.
- •When you have tickets to see Father John.
- •But, you also have social anxiety and are the first member of your crew to show up.And likely will be the only one for a couple hours.
- •And you try to stand big to take up the space of two or three people.
- •Because your spot could not be any better.My actual view.
- •So anytime someone comes around you're like
- •And you kind of expect / dread someone speaking to you. (And telling you to move / scoot over)
- •And you kind of settle into a state of pride for overcoming your social anxiety.
- •But it's actually more like this:
- •You begin to fear what you've become.
- •And by the time your friends show up...
- •You're a monster.
- •Who knows all the words to every Father John Misty song.
- •And the only life that's for you... Is that hip swinging life.
- •I'm a new lady.