How I Learned Santa Wasn't a Thing.
This actually tells you EVERYTHING about me as a person.
- •I was eleven, you guys.
- •Eleven years of relentlessly believing and defending Santa to the death"Santa isn't real" said my neighborhood friend boy. "You're an idiot for not believing. 100% getting coal." I said (paraphrase) indignantly.
- •Until one fateful day, my mom says she needs to have a talk with me.I thought I was in HUGE trouble. Calm talks were reserved for the truly heinous offenses.
- •Mom: Brittany, I have something to tell you. It's not going to be easy. But, I need you to know something.
- •Me: What is it? 😧
- •Mom: Santa... Is a man. He was a really sweet man named St Nicholas and would give present to the poor children. But, like anyone else, he died.
- •Me: SANTA DIED?! 😫😭I burst into tears.
- •Mom: no no no! Santa lived a long long time ago. Now he doesn't live anymore. But, in his memory we give presents from Santa to keep the tradition alive.
- •Me: 😭😭😭😭😧😧😧😧
- •Me: okay. 😪😢 I understand.
- •Me: but the tooth fairy is real, right?!