My Internal Response to the Reaction I Got When I Mentioned I Wanted to Buy Rain Boots.
This is what happens when you let coworkers in on your daydreams. The get twisted.
- •With El Niño looming over the sea for Southern California - I've been dreaming some dreams.
- •Largely based off of my dream that I lived in Washington. Where every day is this 👉🏽Rainy every day.
- •And I really can't go anywhere without rain boots - because I'm just super practical about the weather.Effortless... Practical...
- •So I mention to a coworker - man I'm so excited about the rain. I really need to get some rain boots.Again... Effortless... Practical...
- •She replies. Oh! You would SO wear rain boots. Like red rain boots..... Red. Red?
- •I smile politely. But in my head I see...
- •Also this...My nephew's giraffe.
- •And then another coworker overhears. She chimes in - "omg! I was just going to say that! I could totally see you in red rain boots."And they excitedly confer with each other. YES! Shiny red ones? YES! Like bright red? OMG yes! That's what I was thinking.
- •Meanwhile I'm spiraling into a pit of despair.Toddlers.
- •Also this.
- •And then also this.
- •I can't help but wonder... What is it about a person that makes them a shiny bright red rain boot sort of person.And is it appropriate to silently take offense to that. Coming from super sleek black rain boot kind of people.
- •Can you tell what kind of person a person is... By what color rain boot you think they would wear?
- •I think we've all learned something today. Let this marinade. Really meditate on it. What color rain boot are you?
- •In conclusion, all this rain boot has brought about is horrendous procrastination.