Sidewalk Thoughts : The Elderly
Spiraling into a pit of social anxiety.
- •I probably shouldn't have walked. I should've driven.There's no time.
- •I approach an elderly couple slowly walking together, but probably 3 feet between them.
- •That's sweet. They're antique shopping on a Sunday morning.
- •I'm approaching them rather quickly.
- •Should I slow down?
- •That's weird. It's like I'm stalking them.
- •I wonder if I'm alarming them.
- •I'll just pass them.
- •Should I walk between them? That's rude.
- •I can't really pass them on the sides... They're walking so far apart.
- •I wonder if I pass them quickly if that will look like I've been annoyed for a while and am just storming off.
- •But if I walk casually, it might remind them of how slow they are and how fast they used to be.
- •I don't want to brag about my youth.
- •I'll just stop here for a while and let them go for awhile. Then I'll catch up.
- •I caught up pretty fast.
- •Maybe I should just take a different street.