The Fable of the Cracked Phone Screen
You smug bastard.
- •Of course, as a grateful millennial, I cherished my phone when I first got my hands on it.
- •Does it need a case? Naaaaah. That would completely defeat the purpose of its slim design. I'll just be super careful.
- •Then comes the day you're carrying too much at one time... Or forget it's in your lap when you get out of the car...
- •But it turns out - everything's cool ! It didn't crack. And actually... You'll drop it another 8-12 times and replay the same scenario.
- •As it turns out.. The last couple phases were the worst thing to happen to you. It should've cracked the first time, you irresponsible bastard. Put a case on it.
- •Now, you feel invincible. You've heard stories of those amateurs who break their phones. But, not you. You've got that magic touch that keeps your little guy safe.
- •Probably before you finished that thought 👆🏼 you delicately sneezed on your phone or set it down a little too roughly... And the screen shattered.
- •(A moment of silence for your feels)
- •This is when self loathing seeps in. All the regret... What could've been. What should've been...
- •You may choose to get it fixed... Or, like me, you prefer to be reminded of your foolishness day after day. Needing to scroll around to read a text message all the way through.
- •But, one thing is for sure. You know your calling in life, now. To warn other uncased losers of their foolish ways.
- •They won't hear you, though. They have the magic touch that keeps their little guy safe.