CLOSE ENCOUNTERS WITH THE RICH & FAMOUS
- •Chelsea ClintonMy family and I saw her on an escalator with some friends and secret service in DC one evening when her dad was in office.
- •Pierce BrosnanI had a layover in London en route to Paris circa 1997. Pierce walked by in cognito with the help of a very fake, very long wig.
- •Donny OsmondSpotted across the street from me in NYC in 2007 looking mildly disappointed that there weren't more people asking for autographs.
- •Neil GaimanMy sister and I saw Tori Amos at Virginia tech in 1998 and Neil was touring with her. He was walking around campus and we were walking the other way. We both said "That's Neil Gaiman" to each other and debated saying hi, but chickened out.
- •Benji & Joel MaddenI went to high school with these guys and some of the other members of Good Charlotte. Benji dated my best friend for a brief time, and Paul sent me an electronic Shakespeare poem on Valentine's Day in the early 2000s. The twins never said a word to me despite occasionally hanging with the group for a couple months.
- •Mitch HedbergHe did a show at my college and we ran into him at a bar afterwards. RIP.
- •Giada de LaurentiisI saw Giada at a cooking show in DC. Her teeth are even more overwhelming/perfect in person.
- •Tori AmosI am big fan, to say the least, so I have been to quite a few meet and greets. This woman is the real deal. When she talks to you, you have her full attention and you feel like it is just the two of you in the entire world.