"WHAT ARE SCALLIONS?"
my sweet 74-year-old dad is visiting me this week. this conversation transpired. needless to say, he's not big into cooking.
- •dad: "I'm going to the store, do you need anything?"
- •me: "yes, thanks! I need some scallions for the quiche I'm making tonight."
- •dad, continued: "what are scallions?"
- •me: "...oh you know, like green onions?"
- •me: "spring onions??"
- •me: "eh, don't worry about it; I can get some later."
- •my dad came home from the store with this:
- •love that guy. ❤️