Because this is my safe place
I'll say what I can't/won't say elsewhere
- •Some of you may have seen a list I posted about my daughter voting. Today, I awoke to this. Broke my heart.
- •I have a sister and brother-in-law who are Muslim. They are afraid.
- •I have a son who is openly bi in small town Kansas. He is afraid.
- •I have daughters who have heard sexist, degrading, dangerous things said by men and boys and EVEN OTHER YOUNG WOMEN. They are afraid.
- •As a parent, I am fucking furious. I am furious that I raised my children to be open and good and loving and hopeful and accepting and this is what they see. This is what they see our country choose.
- •This is what they see their grandmother choose, and they don't know what to think about her anymore. They don't know what it means for their relationship with her.
- •I'm trying to find the hope, I really am. I'm just so fucking tired.