I have been a lover of words since I began to speak, and there's nothing I love more than to find a new one, rolling it around in my mouth like a hard candy, enjoying the feel of it against my teeth and tongue, feeling the pull in my gut from the emotion it evokes. These are a few of my favorites.
- •@elmospimpingme inspired this list by posting this particular word, which got me thinking. So much heartache in one little word. I know it well.
- •Can't you just see it - walking the dog at night and seeing a family sitting around the dining table, wondering what they're eating, what they tell each other about their day, and is it the truth...
- •Otherwise know as How Brook Lives Her Whole Life.
- •It just feels fun to say!
- •The cool greyness of it...
- •Fuck. Yes.
- •Oh. I am a chronic sufferer.
- •I LOVE when there is an exquisitely perfect word for such an everyday sensation/emotion/sound. This is a very good one.
- •So much grander than just plain ol' unrequited love.
- •I feel like there are a lot of us here that fit this.
- •Searching to fill your hollow heart...
- •Anticipation... My favorite.
- •@veshecco made me think of you.
- •The last two and a half years fit this for me. Sometimes forced, sometimes chosen. But nice to be awake again.