I have always thought that I didn't really have one, that I found things attractive about a variety of people, and while that's true, a conversation with my daughter pointed out that almost all of the people I've dated since my divorce have several things in common. And she's not wrong.
- •6'2" +I like 'em tall. (My ex is only slightly taller than me, so this is an interesting one.)
- •Must LOVE Star Wars (bordering on obsessive)Not because I do. I have no strong opinions either way and am definitely not a devoted fan, but the guys I've dated all have that in common.
- •Not skinnyI couldn't figure out how to word that, because I'm not into super ripped bodybuilder guys, either. Otherwise, it doesn't matter to me.
- •Must be a readerWhether it's graphic novels or biographies or science fiction, they all read.
- •Currently play/used to play D & DI do not. Never have. Have no interest in learning. For those of you who are blessedly clueless, D & D is Dungeons & Dragons. Not my thing.
- •Have really great hairThey've all had nice hair that they are slightly vain about. Color doesn't matter, I've dated brunettes and blondes, but they all have had stylish coifs.
- •Beard is optional but preferredAgain, not something I even noticed until my daughter pointed it out, but I do, apparently, like a beard.
- •Must be outdoorsyThis one is particularly hilarious to me, because I am not outdoorsy. At. All. My porch is outdoors enough for me, and I can only take that for a few minutes at a time. I always say I used up my "outdoor" when I was under the age of 12. But the guys all hike, camp, cycle, swim, etc., etc.
- •Must be creativeWhether it's music or drawing or cooking or writing, they are all creative in some way. It may not be a part of their job, but they all at least have a creative hobby.
- •Must be an atheist. Or at least agnostic.This didn't surprise me. I'm not a religious person at all and would say I have an atheist sensibility, although my Catholic upbringing can be hard to shake.
- •Must be passionate about music.Genre doesn't matter, doesn't matter if they can sing or play an instrument. They just love something about music and know a lot about whatever that something is.
- •Must find me adorable and charming.I mean...