Things That Taste Like My Childhood
Because today I'm a sheep. :)
- •Cinnamon ToastWinter days with a cup of hot chocolate after coming in from playing in the snow. It's tradition for my own kids now.
- •Strawberry Kool-AidGetting a little up your nose when you poured it out, stirring it with the big wooden spoon, hot summer days.
- •Chef Boyardee Pizza KitEvery year for my birthday, my parents would let me have a massive sleepover, and we made this for dinner.
- •Potatoes & DumplingsSort of hard to explain if you're not Volga German. Basic dense flour dumplings boiled with potatoes, drained, and then both fried in butter with onions. In our house, always served in the summer with a big slice of watermelon (salted, of course) on the side.
- •Nips CandyMy grandpa always had these around his house. The chocolate and the coffee were always my favorites.
- •Jello ParfaitsMy mom would occasionally make these for dessert just for fun on a weeknight. I always felt so fancy.