THINGS THAT AGGRAVATE MY INNER MISANTHROPE
I normally love people, but sometimes certain situations bring out my dislike of humans. Inspired by my commute home on the train.
- •Reality TV"As a rule, I steer clear of reality shows. They tend to engender visceral loathing for humanity deep within me, and I want to fight my impulse toward misanthropy, not cultivate it like a psychic bonsai tree." –Nathan Rabin. Also me.
- •Large crowdsWhen there are too many people around jostling me, blowing their vape cloud in my face, talking too loudly, and such, I just want to start punching people in the back of the neck willy-nilly.
- •Playing sports"If you elbow me in the boob one more time, I swear I will cut you."
- •Concerts"If you elbow me in the boob one more time, I swear I will cut you."
- •FraternitiesI can't with you people.
- •The newsWhy do people do such terrible things?
- •Political news channels. Especially Fox News.How is it possible for people to be this asinine and inflammatory?!
- •Comment sections on the InternetThe dregs of humanity marinated in misogyny, poor grammar, and racism.
- •Public transitToday: insane delays, mobs, a cluster of bros cuts in front of people who had been waiting for over half an hour. Train finally arrives and one bro sits in seat reserved for elderly/handicapped/pregnant women. Later a man and women get in a screaming fight when he (accidentally?) kicks her foot. She shrieks "Fuck you! You're an asshole! I wish YOU were the man on the tracks!" He retorts "No, YOU'RE the asshole!" "You're a DICK! I just had SURGERY." Exited trains to car horns honking.