Highly Overrated Writers
- •Stephen CraneI just think it's wrong that someone who never went to war is praised for his "faithful" depiction of it in The Red Badge of Courage. I feel like it lacks truth because of this.
- •J.D. SalingerWe're all angry. Doesn't mean we write 200 pages of pure bitching.
- •Albert CamusPretentious as hell
- •Milan KunderaAlso pretentious, but his non-fiction is impossible to read and actually understand where he's going. The Curtain is interesting if someone explains it to you. It sucks when you're suffering through his prose.
- •Michael OndaatjeHe's just not as good as people insist
- •Søren KierkegaardProof that philosophers are terrible communicators