FAVORITE '90S CELEBRITY MUSIC COUPLES
- •Natalie Imbruglia & Daniel Johns"Torn" and "Ana's Song" in one relationship? Australian soap opera roots turned glittery pop ballad meets a fine-featured gent singing about his eating disorder, therein balancing the gender scales? Yes, thank you, perfect '90s couple.
- •Gwen Stefani & Gavin RossdaleI wanted this to happen before it happened. When I heard they were touring together (remember that?) I wanted this to happen. AND THEN IT DID. There had never been anything more perfect in my teenage brain. Let's not talk about the present. Okay, let's. Do you think "Glycerine" makes sense again now? Or that "Don't Speak" could be about Gavin now like it was about Tony then? No, you're right, let's not talk about it. Too painful.
- •Chilli & UsherChilli was the coolest, prettiest girl in the world. I felt that she gave Usher class and currency in a romantic sense when he was still a boy and maybe hadn't earned it yet. They seemed very much in love. Now we know "Confessions" is about her, and that breaks my heart. Why, Usher?! Why?
- •Claire Danes & Ben LeeMakes out with Jared Leto. Makes out with Leo DiCaprio. It girl. Could date anyone. Chooses the soft-spoken and socially responsible singer/songwriter as boyfriend. Drops mic.
- •Lisa Bonet & Lenny KravitzTranscends Cosby Show fame — seemed too otherworldly and special for television anyway? — and along with sexy rockstar achieves never before seen level of bohemian chic nirvana. (Later follows this up with Khal Drogo, because that's what otherworldly and special people do.)
- •Courteney Cox & Adam DuritzHuh? (And that's exactly why it continues to fascinate.) Could not find a good photo for this. In searching for one I discovered that he also dated Jennifer Aniston, Mary Louise Parker and Samantha Mathis. But somehow I vibe with that and find the Adam/Courteney connection most surprising (?)
- •Britney Spears & Justin TimberlakeNot the denim. Before the denim. In the beginning, when they denied it. It was the perfect fan fiction we all knew was true.
- •Kurt Cobain & Courtney LoveThe original power grunge couple. They ruled all of the early 90s with their ratty unwanted hair, flannel shirts and ripped acid washed jeans. Were they my favorite? Probably not. But they were everywhere in the 90s so I feel like they needed to be listed.Suggested by @eatthelove
- •Biggie & Faith EvansI was obsessed with them! And he was cheating on her openly w Lil Kim! Plus she had that suspicious pic w 2Pac?!? And that violent music video w Charli Baltimore.. Drama!!Suggested by @shanaz