IF YOUR LIFE WAS MADE INTO A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD BE THE SOUNDTRACK (10 SONGS MIN)
Requested by lil b aka @humanbeeeing
- •"Super Freak" by Rick JonesIdeally, this would be cued by a shot of me coming out of my mother's vagina. It would carry on to a montage of me, as a child, licking bus seats (something I did), secretly shaking all the bottles of soda at sleepover birthday parties (guilty), and hitting the boy I had a crush on for eight years with a stick.
- •"Two of Us" by the BeatlesA movie made about my life would neeeeeeever be able to afford the Beatles but hypothetically this song would play as I met my best friend Linnea in second grade.
- •"Fight Test" by the Flaming LipsHigh school, high school sucking ass, high school dragging on and on, high school blowing so hard.
- •"Holland, 1945" by Neutral Milk HotelAnother high school scene because have I made it clear that high school was endlessssssss
- •"Saltwater" by Beach HouseFirst luv as a teen.
- •"Armchairs" by Andrew BirdFirst 💔
- •"Midnight City" by M83Because this song was so huge in 2011 it will never not make me think of starting college, meeting people like Catherine Spino, going to the suites for the first time, feeling like the endless tortuous of high school had been happily replaced by something more stressful, more liberating, and just as confusing.
- •"Dancing in the Moonlight" by King Harvest.A few years ago, in the dead of night, my mom packed my entire family into a car, drove us to an empty field, and then played this song while she danced in the field, in the moonlight.
- •"Temptation" by New Order."Oh, you've got green eyes, oh you've got grey eyes, oh you've got blue eyes." A song for falling in love at a party, dancing with the cutest boy I've ever seen, feeling so nervous that speaking was impossible. S/o to Tim!!
- •"Home" by LCD Soundsystem.This would be for current events.
- •"Queen Bitch" by David Bowie.This ones obviously pretty aspirational.