OCTUBER WRAP UP
Books I've finished in October
- •The Bad Beginning by Lemony SnicketRead from Scribd# It was alright. Things were a bit too obvious, but I guess for middle grade readers it would be interesting. I do like the idea of these stories and might read more in the future. Maybe. 3 stars.
- •Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland StoneNetgalley ARC# I loved this book - I love words and this book is a great demonstration of how important they are. I really loved the way the author handled mental illness, the writing style and the characters. 4.5 stars.
- •Chew volume 1 by John Laymangraphic novel# Really excited about this first volume - everything I always want in a graphic novel. 5 stars
- •Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithanaudiobook# The audiobook narration of this is one of the best ever. It took me a while to get into the story and I'm still not sure I like either Will Grayson - but I love Tiny Cooper and his musical and want to read the spin off.
- •Five Little Pigs by Agatha Christiepurchased paperback# Just a classic Poirot book. Couldn't guess the ending as usual... 4 stars
- •The Young Elites by Marie Lupurchased hardback# This book was as dark as I wanted it to be. I love Adelina and I loved the epilogue - which introduces a new character that I loved more than all the sad characters. Usually in YA books things will go bad for the main character, but work out in the end in some way. In this book, if you're thinking something is bound to go wrong - it will! If you've always wanted a story from the villain's perspective like I did - go read this. 4.5 stars
- •The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J Maasread from scribd# I actually liked this novellas more than the first two books. What even. Definitely in this series bandwagon now though. Give me more Celaena!! 4.5 stars.
- •Doll Bones by Holly Blackread from scribd# really liked it! it was a creepy middle grade adventure. Simple and fun. 4 stars.
- •Chew vol 2 by John Laymangraphic novel# This series rocks! 5 stars.
- •Love, Lattes and Mutants by Sandra Coxread from scribd# Not totally unreadable, but meh. The mutant plot was kind of cool but it took way too long to start. Also much insta love and love triangles. 2 stars
- •Dark Places by Gillian Flynnaudiobook# The narration was a bit slow, but this was a great book and a very haunting mystery. 4 stars.
- •Copperhead by Jay Faerbergraphic novel# nothing special. 3 stars
- •Leviathan by Scott Westerfeldkindle ebook# I was really bored with this at first. Eventually it got more interesting, but I just don't really like war related stories. Also the plot in this was all over the place and very dependent on having a second book in the series. The worldbuilding is really great but I don't think I will continue on with the series. 3 stars.
- •I've got your number by Sophie Kinsellaaudiobook# Really fun and rom com type of story. 4 stars
- •Carry On by Rainbow Rowellpurchased hardcover# I don't even know what to do with my life after this book. Probably my favorite of the year. Love Baz. Love Simon and Baz. I need more gay wizards in my life. 5 glorious stars.
- •Neverwhere by Neil GaimanAmazing. My favorite Neil Gaiman that I've read so far. I love the weird, slightly creepy way of his stories. 5 stars