Obscure Songs You Can Request at Baby Ketten Karaoke
For those of you who don't know, Baby Ketten is a miraculous, Portland-born karaoke event. John Brophy (the creator) produces the songs himself and refuses to include the top 150 common karaoke staples (no "What's Up" by Four Non-Blondes to be found). It happens every other Sunday on the rooftop of The Ace Hotel in DTLA, and it's beautiful.
- •The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance by Gene Pitney
- •All Is Full of Love by Bjork
- •Mighty Morphin Power Rangers theme song
- •When She Loved Me by Sarah McLachlan (from Toy Story 2)Probably would be a bit of a bummer. But honestly, some of the best performances at Baby Ketten are really beautiful renditions of super sad songs.
- •Lazuli by Beach House
- •Smell Yo Dick by Riskay
- •The Wanting Comes in Waves by The Decemberists
- •Roads by PortisheadMy favorite performance I've seen at Baby Ketten. I maybe wept at my table.
- •My Neck, My Back by Khia
- •THIS ONLY SCRATCHES THE SURFACE OF OBSCURITY.