THE STORY OF WHEN ARIEL SOBBED IN THE BACK OF AN UBER POST SEEING IDINA MENZEL IN IF/THEN
Most likely the reason my uber rating is so bad. Requested informally by @rcwornhoff
- •I send an uber request in. Ariel is doing fine. We are coherently discussing the ups and downs of the show.Idina killed. Queen.
- •The uber arrives. I get in the front seat. Bailey and Ariel in the back. Uber driver starts to ask us where we were.
- •"We just saw a show" "It was really good" "it was kind of like a dramedy" *explaining the premise of the show* *mumbling*
- •I turn back to say something and in zero seconds Ariel is in a full on ugly cry.Sobbing. To be fair, the show was definitely all the feels. But mind you it's been at least 20 minutes since we've seen this thing.
- •Uber driver starts laughing.Appropriate response.
- •Bailey and I start laughing.Ariel is still sobbing.
- •Ariel asks the Uber driver if he has a family.
- •He says he has a wife and kids. And that he was a bad guy for a while, but now everyday is a reminder that his wife and children are everything to him. He says he chased his wife all the way to Denver and promised to be a better man. And that she makes him a better man.
- •Ariel sobs more.Hysterical laughter from Bailey and I.
- •We get to our Airbnb. Ask him to drop us off in the alley**only mildly sketchy
- •Ariel profusely apologizes. We wish him good luck with his family. He says thanks have a good night.