FOREIGN OBJECTS FOUND IN PLATES I'VE SERVED IN RESTAURANTS
Being a server was sometimes tricky as i was as surprised as they were at the shit they found!
- •A hairWhen the hair is clearly a pube...:(
- •Steel woolThis customers' throat discovered the steel wool and I discovered the "situation" when he darted up from his chair, choking and seemingly pulling (very clown like) a long silvery scarf from his mouth. It wasn't a scarf and his throat was pretty messed up. Needless to say, he did not want another omelette!
- •A huge steel boltThere's a certain raising of the hand that screams..."there's something wrong with my food". What do you tell someone that finds a massive steel bolt in their very soft fruit-filled crepe? "You got screwed" is what I said and he laughed....phew!
- •A piece of glass in your iceWe know that this can happen...but it's pretty frightening when the piece of glass is thought to be a sliver of ice floating on your diet coke....this didn't end very well.
- •A cockroach giving birth on a piece of toast...It wasn't Mother's Day, and this customer can no longer eat toast I'm sure. I apologized and brought the toast out back and watched the end of the birth....it was fascinatingly disgusting.
- •A rubber band chopped up in a salad....This customer thought the almond slivers tasted kind of rubbery...yeah
- •Flies, spiders, centipedes....Sometimes...even after washing lettuce, these critters can hold on pretty tight.
- •A monarch butterfly wingThis customer thought it was a decoration on his fruit salad.