What I Learned From Public Speaking So Far
- •50%About 50% of the audience is not listening to you
- •UnderwearThe old saying "picture the audience in their underwear" yea, that doesn't really work
- •Own your mistakesIf you mess up in front of people who are familiar with the topic, own your mistake
- •Messing upIf you're the only expert in the group and no one knows you messed up, just keep going
- •EnunciateOpen your mouth more than usual. When you're nervous, you tend to speak faster and mumble
- •NervousnessDon't eat a big meal before public speaking, especially if you are like me and get nervous.