What It is Like To Be a 23 Year Old Living with My Parents
It's a millennial thing... Maybe
- •Unconditional loveI Know my parents have unconditional love for me, but I feel like I need to be productive in order to deserve that love. Even though I don't think that's what my parents think.
- •I feel uncomfortable asking for anythingI don't ask my parents to buy me stuff I don't need. But I even feel uncomfortable asking them for daily necessities
- •Self PressureI just graduated college and will be starting graduate school in the fall. But I feel this pressure of having to get have a full time job or a part time job, even though my parents don't say anything.
- •RulesMy sister and I have always been good kids to my parents. Even now as a grown up, I still listen to them.
- •One working parentMy dad is job-less for the moment, which makes things a bit more on edge around the house. This makes me feel pressure to be productive and step up around the house.