WHAT I WANTED TO BE GROWING UP, CHRONOLOGICALLY
Attempted by my below average memory and delusional repressed childhood favs <3
- •Science WOman (emphasis on wo obvs) pre-kindergarten 🔬🚺This was probably rooted in me from some cool scientist in a cartoon who played with brightly colored liquids making cool elixirs resulting in puppies having kitten personalities or sth like that. My best guess would be Jimmy Neutron but I think it was more about powerpuff girls' DILF. I also want to note that I wrote a thesis like paper on dust balls in my journal when I was 5-6. I'm basically a child genius still at heart and brain.
- •Fashion Designer (primary school era) 👗👚✂️I made it work when Barbie wanted to go to the club but didn't want to be photographed wearing her day shopping outfit twice in the same day. Honestly if a person wants to become a "fashion designer" before project runway aired, they should become one. Smh at my career choises I made about 2 months ago. Yeah, I'm a freshman.
- •Archeologist (middle school) 📯👓This was purely based on Indiana Jones movies because I'm just a normal teenage girl born in '96, looking to have some fun cracking my whip.
- •A New yorker (pretty much all the time) 💸💉🗽🇺🇸I just watched a lot of Friends and was convinced a waitress job could pay the rent of a purple colored apartment with a fuckin' terrace in Manhattan. (Is that where they live in Friends?) So any job would do. I still kind of want this despite Girls crashing each cliche dream I and every other person had about NYC to pieces by showing a woman's small breasts and body with no bones whatsoever making an impression, giving me a glimpse into what my future could look like if i fucked up enough.
- •A UN advocate for sth important (high school) 💒✌️🐣🌈I basically wanted a job where I could chill at the UN headquarters which probably is in Paris? Joking aside I just wanted to be a change-maker kind of person but failed to find a career path that'd take me there for sure so I put them dreams on hold.
- •Architect (senior year in high school) 📐📚✏️When I was younger people would ask me my dream job. I would tell them what I didn't want to be, an architect. Because I thought they were making ugly buildings (most of the time) blocking the sky. Now I have utmost respect for these dudes. Designing a building that'll prevail time in construction and beauty must be so fuckin' hard. It takes guts to put your name on sth huge like that. It's sort of like taking a giang shit on earth and standing by it with entitlement. No? Okay.