THINGS I SMELLED AT SCHOOL TODAY
While student teaching in a public elementary school 4th grade in downtown NYC.
- •TacosOpened the classroom window for fresh air before lunch and suffered for it.
- •Hamster CageExcept not in a room with a class pet. In the stairwell.
- •BurgersThey had burgers for lunch and they looked terrible but smelled awesome.
- •Apple Cinnamon CandleThe parents got me a gift for Halloween (is that a thing?), and I just got it today because I'm only in the classroom on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- •My frittataHeated it in the classroom microwave at lunch and everything smelled of garlic after and I felt just a little bad.
- •FearReport cards came out today. Parent/teacher conferences are tomorrow.
- •ChildrenKind of like wet leaves? But more subtle. Insidious. Ever present.
- •Disinfectant?Something smelled like Bath & Body Words Plumeria on the 3rd floor. Mystery. Except probably disinfectant.