THINGS I IMAGINE MY CHILDREN WILL ONE DAY SAY ABOUT ME IN THERAPY
- •"The thing is, I mean...ultimately, I'm just not sure she was ever really satisfied with her career."Well, duh. But is anyone ever? And I have moments of satisfaction. And sometimes I think maybe that's the best you can hope for.
- •"Everyone THOUGHT she was so fun and creative as a mom but was she just doing that stuff for everyone else's benefit??"Oof. I mean. Here I have to say no. I'm not doing it for Instagram or talk show stories. I kind of got into the whole mom game in the first place cause I love the fun creative stuff like cake making and all that- and my mom did it for me. But I can see how with social media and my public persona maybe my kids would question it. BUT THEY WILL BE WRONG.
- •"I just wish FOR ONCE, it could have been about me."Isn't that something we ALL wish, really?
- •"Ugh. I don't think I ever saw my parents kiss. Like ever."This is true. We are not demonstrative with each other. It's just not who we are. Ugh. Ok. We'll make an effort.
- •"She was always on a diet."That sucks but it's true. See my previous list about diets.
- •"She was so hard on me, but my sister got away with everything."This is universal, right?
- •"I mean. She wrote a fucking LIST about this very thing on List App. How fucked is that?"Birdie & Cricket, don't swear so much.