BANDS/ARTISTS I LOVED WHO FELL TO THE CURSE OF DIDDY/BAD BOY
In New York City, artists who sign to Bad Boy soar to fame and then crash. These are their stories.
- •Ma$eI fell in love with Ma$e in elementary school when he was so obviously uninterested in Brandy during the "Sittin' On Top of the World" video. I stuck with him through his preacher phase because of those perfect dimples. 😍
- •DreamTheir first single, "He Loves U Not" taught me the beauty of teaching girls to stay away from your man while simultaneously telling them they could have him, as well as how dumb "u" looks as a word rather than a letter.
- •Danity KaneI loved Aundrea's voice, Dawn's relationship, D. Woods' melanin, Aubrey's craziness, and Shannon just for being there. Plus, their albums were actually good!
- •Day26I had a thing about this version of "Making the Band." That thing was that I was in love with 3/5 members. I never thought I could love a big man until (formerly) Big Mike. And the ups and downs of Que and Dawn's relationship? Just perfect. Why won't you let them out of the Bad Boy vault, Diddy?!
- •Cheri DennisShe only had one song that I remember, "I Love You" but she seemed destined for greatness.
- •112One of the classic 90s R&B boy groups, they mysteriously disappeared and then reappeared off key for the Bad Boys BET Awards tribute. Without them, I never would've sang the inappropriate "Peaches & Cream" as a 5th grader. #memories
- •Carl Thomas"I Wish" he would make a comeback.
- •Yung JocI loved "It's Going Down." I did the motorcycle dance with reckless abandon. Where's Joc?
- •Boyz In Da HoodOne hit wonder released at the height of the Trap Music era. So much potential. Never heard from again *plays Dem Boyz and cries*