I FEEL SO INSPIRED RIGHT NOW
- •Mizzou students made history today.Students and faculty at the University of Missouri have increasingly raised awareness about the failures of the administration to respond to racial bigotry on campus.
- •This weekend, members of the Mizzou football team announced that they would cease playing until the UM president resigned.
- •For those of you who were unaware, money talks, and in the South, football money has the loudest voice.
- •But it's not the football players who are most inspiring, even though they should be applauded for their courage.
- •Today, one day after Gary Pinkel, the football coach announced his solidarity with the protests in a 🔥 tweet:
- •The Mizzou President stepped down.
- •And the Mizzou Black Students Association went into an acapella rendition of "swag surfin."See the amazing video here: https://twitter.com/mizzoulbc/status/663770410484301824
- •For those who don't know what "swag surfin'" is:
- •I'm inspired by so many things in this situation:(1) young people are so powerful in solidarity; (2) we are seeing a second Civil Rights Movement with #blacklivesmatter and this is a major victory; (3) few things are more beautiful than pure, unadulterated black joy, and that's exactly what that impromptu dance is.
- •Don't ever let anyone tell you that millennials don't care, that you can't make an impact, or that things will never change.
- •We are powerful, and things are just getting started.