WHY URSULA WAS THE BADDEST WITCH
When you come for the Queen, you better not miss.
- •She always kept it classyHer face was always beat, even if she was just hanging with her eel friends. And can we talk about that pixie cut?!
- •She understood the importance of reading terms and conditions"The contract is legal, binding, and unbreakable, even for you," she says to the King! Get that woman an honorary law degree!
- •She was unapologetically fat.No one could tell Ursula she wasn't fine. She understood the importance of body language. In other words, she was a big fish and knew how to use it.
- •She wasn't afraid of men or their "power."In college, I wrote an entire paper on Ursula as a feminist character. In addition to her strong body positivity, she demanded to be as respected as King Triton (who wasn't much of a king tbh).
- •She sang one of the top 5 Disney villain songs"Poor Unfortunate Souls" is a treasure in score, lyrics, and imagery. It also reveals Ursula's deep understanding of human nature.
- •She was an entrepreneur.Her company could be called "Ursula Pope & Associates," with Flotsam and Jetsam as the associates. She negotiated deals to give people what they thought they wanted. Was it a little shady? Maybe, but a boss is a boss!
- •She stunted on all the hoes/mermaids as VanessaI could do a whole list on Vanessa tbh. Ursula's genius in becoming her is second only to Scar telling Simba he was to blame for Mufasa's death.
- •She had a flair for the dramatic.Throughout "Poor Unfortunate Souls," she plays so many roles/employs many tones-witch, saint, empathetic, etc. and does them all perfectly.
- •Her wit was unmatched.She nearly outdoes Meryl Streep in "The Devil Wears Prada" tbh.
- •Her laugh was pure evil.The best villains have to have a signature laugh. Ursula had that in spades.