SONG OF THE SUMMER 2015 POSSIBILITIES ++
It's June, which means people have started publishing their lists of contenders. What's your favorite?
- •Want to Want Me by Jason DeruloMy front runner because it is an unapologetic pop song and I love those. You'll be singing along by halfway through and it feels like it should be playing over the closing credits of a rom com but I DON'T MIND. Also, I wouldn't feel traumatized if I heard a bunch of kids singing it on a playground. Unlike Trap Queen. http://bit.ly/1HZnGYc (Link to lyrics video because the actual one is just embarrassing)
- •Trap Queen by Fetty WapI mean, I get it. It's not FOR me. But shouldn't the song of the summer be more joyful? And not about crack? http://bit.ly/1KZomTJ
- •The Night Is Still Young by Nicki Minaj.It's...fine? It has that positive, party vibe that marks a lot of summer jams, but is this enough of a hook? http://bit.ly/1FOPVY9
- •Turn Around by Mikal CroninAhh, I'm only playing. I know this doesn't fit the bill but it opens my favorite album of the last few months so I thought it deserved a mention. Please enjoy Kristen Schaal doing a perfect Natalie Imbruglia impersonation in the video. http://bit.ly/1JCf7Z0
- •Sunday Candy by Donnie Trumpet and the Social ExperimentThis is my JAM rn and gets me all warm and tingly.Suggested by @madambrose