Top 10 Most Annoying Things About Being a Dj
Testimonial from DJ YaBish
- 1.Having to save your "best" songs until there are enough ppl dancing.It's no use playing Gold Digger unless people are gonna scream along to it
- 2."Do you know [insert Billboard Top 50 song here]?C'mon...
- 3.Feeling a song WAY more than anyone else thereThis song is 🔥 y'all just don't know it yet.
- 4.When people sheepishly approach you to request a song, usually in groups.You just make me feel awkward as some authoritative figure. It reminds me of children trying to plot the best way to ask a parent for more allowance. None for you.
- 5.When people repeatedly approach you to request songs, usually individually.You've requested like 5 songs. I'm not your Spotify. Go Dance. FOH.
- 6."Can you play [insert song here]? It's CHILL."Chill? My job is to have people dance and jump around and sing-along. If you wanted to "chill" you should be at home watching your stolen Netflix.
- 7."Can you wish my friend Happy Birthday at midnight?"Not really..🎂
- 8.Playing songs I don't like because the radio has killed them.AKA Jason Derulo(ser)
- 9.People who try and have a conversation with me as I'm workingKinda busy here...sorry?
- 10.People offering to buy me drinksI can't get drunk on the job 😩
- 11.BONUS: "How much do you get paid? It must be a lot. What a sweet gig!"First of all, it's none of your business. Secondly, I have expenses/bills to pay just like the rest of you...it's a job. Yeah, it's a job I mostly have fun doing, but there's more work to it than you think. I just make it look easy. 😏