Already on li.st? Open in app.
Vai is a guitar virtuoso of the highest order and is one of the main reasons why I play guitar. His style is a mixture of heavy metal, Zappa experimentation, eastern rhythms, and the laughs and cries of Shiva. Give the songs a listen 😁
- •"Little Green Man" - FlexibleJarring but funky as it wants to be / with a tempo that you will ATTEMPT to follow the entire song. This song is a direct reflection of Vai's time spent in the presence of experimental rocker Frank Zappa. Old school raps and John Williams' melodies are peppered throughout just to give you enough to say "what am I listening to" while you try to bob your head. 👽👽👽
- •"Bad Horsie" - Alien Love SecretsPure power!!! A throbbing rhythm section drives this song while Steve just rips it to pieces (with a slide might I add). This is a slow, head banging jam session. 😈
- •"All about Eve" - Fire GardenPretty guitar, pretty lyrics with a pretty rocking chorus. 💋
I have a vivacious love affair with multiple art forms but oil on canvas does something special to my insides. 😍
- •Siesta - Vincent Van GoghThis painting was probably my very first experience with the medium (or at least from what I remember). This hangs and has hung in my grandmothers house for as long as I can remember. I guess my love for this painting stems from the warm and inviting feeling I got at grandma's. This takes me to a place of piece where all the work can wait, and I can take a nap. ☺️
- •Swans Reflecting Elephants - Salvador DaliDali changed my life. This painting balances the beautiful, the silly, and the demented. Once, years ago, I got lost in the work of Dali while listening to the roars of Beethoven... I have never been closer to understanding madness than on that day. Dali made me rethink my own sanity and I am forever in his debt. 🌀
- •Woman with a Parasol - Claude MonetI was working on a theatre piece last year and there was a monologue about a particular Monet painting that I hadn't heard of. I found this work and fell in love (much like the character I was playing). Beauty and grace oozes from this image. It sweeps me away into the clouds. 😋
- •Les Deux Saltimbanques - Pablo PicassoThis is my favorite painting (as of right now). Words truly can't express my connection with this work of art. Simply put, it is an intimate look at the private moments of clowns. Our archetype of pure joy is shown to have complex and even dark thoughts during the down time. Picasso shows us the juxtaposition of lively play and somber contemplation and that just makes me happy. 😝
Anyone can be a jerk but it takes a lot of hard work to be a decent person. Keep up the good work kids!
- •Patience: It is truly a virtue. It takes a heck of a lot of energy not to blow up on the guy that cuts you off on the highway. He probably didn't mean to, give him the benefit of the doubt. Getting mad is only going to hurt YOU. Stay cool 😎
- •Levity: Don't take life so dog-gone seriously. Yes, what is happening right now is important (and give it respect), but I promise you that the dog peeing on the new carpet won't matter once the sun explodes. Keep it light 😋
- •Understanding: Think about yourself in their position. What if you were the guy on the highway? How would you feel if you were on your way home from work AND MISSING the new episode of Game of Thrones? Walk a mile in their shoes 🤗
- •Persistence: It is an everyday practice. Don't ever think that you've earned enough brownie points to be a *not so nice person.* Human shouldn't just define our species, it should be the definition of our actions as well. 😊
For about a month, I woke up every morning and made my bed in a different way. I took pictures of most of those days. It was a fun little thing to do. 😊
- •Pretty Standard
- •The Toga
- •Showin' some skin
- •EAT LESS: Adream, you don't need to order another pizza. The first one you ate by yourself is enough.
- •EXERCISE MORE: Adream, walk to get your next slice. It doesn't do you any good to ask for it to be handed to you.
- •BE PRESENT WHEN YOU EAT: Adream, eating is an art form. Eating is a meditation. Savor each and every bite as if you'd never see a pizza again.