SIMPLE THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
Whenever I'm feeling depressed, I find focusing on these simple activities helps a lot.
- •Watering and caring for my plantsI especially love wiping dust off leaves.
- •Watching TV with a cat asleep on my lapThere's nothing cosier.
- •Going on walks by myself or with a palOutside is where you start to feel better.
- •Sitting in a café with a book, a coffee and a pastryPreferably somewhere with French pastries.
- •Buying flowers and arranging them in a vaseI like to pretend I'm Mrs Dalloway.
- •Reading in the parkFresh air, trees and a book.
- •Making a special trip to a particular neighborhood, just to get something you can't get anywhere elseE.g. going to Koreatown to get walnut cakes.
- •Going to the movies by myselfThis is a recent discovery and it's the best. You can sit wherever you want and move if people are being noisy!