Songs I Have No Problem Admitting Are on My Gym Mix
We all have those songs that pump us up during our workout. For some of us, it's EDM. For others, it's rap. Plenty of people lift to metal. For me, it's the super geeky stuff that I love, but god forbid that my headphones should come out of the jack and the external speaker starts blasting. Here are my gym mix guilty pleasures.
- •The Pokémon Theme SongSpecifically the version by Lindsey Stirling because let's face it, you're doing this to be the best like no one ever was. Plus a gym is a gym no matter where you are. Bring it on, Brock!
- •The Doctor Who ThemeRun. Run like the Doctor just told you to. Also, really Daniel? Another TV show theme? This isn't going to be a trend, is it? Nope because next we have...
- •Good Time - Owl City & Carly Rae JepsenBecause if you're going to be putting your body through strenuous activity, you should at least be having a great duration. Also, if I listen to "Call Me, Maybe," I can't help but dance. Good Time is easier to hide.
- •Party Hard - Andrew W.K.This song is a workout in its own right. This is the real good time. 25% of the songs on this album have party in the title. How can you go wrong?
- •Cool for the Summer - Demi LovatoNo lie: I'm one of the biggest Demi stans out there. She first arrived at the same time as I started working at Radio Disney (that's right, I used to work for the Mouse. I know you jelly). Even through the low key moments in this song, you're gonna be clangin' and bangin'. Demi is killing it right now and you will be too when this song comes on. By the way, this is hardly the ONLY Demi song on my mix.
- •I'll Make a Man Out of You"Let's get down to business to defeat the Huns!" Nothing says I'm about to own this workout quite like saving China from the invading armies of Shan Yu. Now swing that kettle bell with all strength of a raging fire!