NEW ORLEANS 1ST TIME TRAVEL TIPS
- •Talk to strangers.They'll talk to you, and you'll be amazed the shit you get into.
- •Get to Frenchman street.The music is phenomenal and free. Wonderful at atmosphere. No pretension. Just solid musicians.
- •Drink outside.Use the plastic cups at the exits of bars to take your drink to-go. You'll see more of the city, and meet more people
- •Don't pay for drinks on Bourbon street.Sure, it's crazy and magical in its own way, but that $13 hurricane is $3.75 four blocks away. Bring booze to Bourbon street yourself. Dance away. But save your $$$.
- •Make no plans.Seriously, just let New Orleans happen to you.
- •Eat eat eat.Personal favorite spot is Verti Mart.
- •Get Lost.Seriously. No map, no destination, just wander. The French Quarter is beautiful and perfect for walking.