Advice for an aspiring geologist
I hope he's still into rocks despite my delay. In no particular order. @doodler19
- •Always crack open a rockThe coolest stuff is always on the inside
- •Start a rock collect ASAPAnd don't forget to bag and tag so you know where you got it from
- •You get to travel because the northeast only has sedimentary and metamorphic rocksTime for a family vacation to the Caribbean, Hawaii or Yellowstone
- •Start hikingGeology professors can really move. If you wanna keep up start training for a marathon
- •Get familiar with writing notes about what you see around youSit in nature and just write down what you see...can you write yet? No matter, you've been dictating for years.
- •I hope you like being outsideMore of my classes are taught out of a classroom than in. Get ready to see landslides, tornado effects, flooded plaines, waterfalls, tree rings, minerals, ect.
- •Fossils!!!NYS is full of them!! We can go to thatcher and I'll show you some of my faves!
- •Rocks everywhereCar rides are the best because highways have so many rock exposures on the sides