PLACES I'VE CRIED IN WASHINGTON DC
When/where I've taken a rocket ship to cry-town. 🚀🚀🚀 What'd I miss??
- •United States Capitol
- •On a bench in Georgetown waterfront park when I was unemployed in 2013 after a campaign. Listening to Taylor Swift's "Treacherous." I noticed a kite stuck in a tree and realized me. I was the kite.
- •Trapped in elevator with men delivering sofa to my apartment with sofa stuck in elevator doors, while also on phone with comcast trying to get internet restarted
- •In a small park during cherry blossom season, after a truly brutal, 3-minute long interview for an internship at an online magazine. It was a sunny, breezy day and the trees swayed in the wind and showered me with bubblegum pink petals
- •Basically every place I saw a movie: E Street, Regal Cinemas in Chinatown, AFI in Silver Spring, Angelika pop-up in Union Market
- •Cannon House Office Building
- •My therapist's office in Georgetown
- •Outside the United States Capitol talking to my mom after she put my childhood dog, Miles, down.
- •Friends' apartments across the city
- •In a parking garage next to a Ford Focus zip car that wouldn't unlockThis morning