REASONS MILES SEUTHE (CLUB NAME: CHARLEMAGNE) WAS THE BEST PUP THERE EVER WAS
In honor of National Puppy Day, some gratuitous pics of the the perennial puppy, Miles (full name: Millennium, because we got him in '99 as an optimistic gesture that y2k wouldn't kill us all! ✨✨✨✨✨✨)
- •Here I am with Miles right after we got him. We posed together in this school morning photo shoot by Jürgen Teller JK
- •Here is Miles when he was 15! 15! And this is the oldest he ever looked in any photo. He had such a puppy face. He could also be really pouty and faux-contemplative like a model in the early 90s
- •Sleeping on a sweater. I probably was cold and wanted that sweater at this moment but I could never take it from him.
- •Honestly he was the best most perfect sleeper. He looked like a roly poly but furry if you can imagine that in a cute way
- •In terms of teenage mood enhancement, Miles was better than lexipro. He brightened up some silly dark angsty periods in 2005 (seriously wtf was 2005?) and just every day in general
- •Here he is John & Yoko-ing with his brother/lover (v. unclear at times), CharlieCharlie ties for 1st place in best pup competition but Miles was more photogenic and this is an image-obsessed world! Also, Charlie is still very much alive and marking his territory on every shrub in Bel Air so I am not yet reflective/nostalgic
- •Here is charlie licking miles' eye which is a thing dogs do
- •Look at this little body! Some nicknames: milo, moo shu (cause his face was "mushy" and we just took it from there) and old man (in later years)
- •Moo shu loved the sun and lived in a gangsta's paradise of his own creation.
- •He had a very full and cozy life, I think. He brought and received much joy. Here he is on Thanksgiving 2013, the last time I saw him. He had to be put down 6 days before I came home for Christmas. I think about that a lot. Clearly I'm not over it (as you can probably tell by this list I just made!)