NYC RESTAURANTS WORTH THAT REPEAT VISIT
New York is filled with places that I only go to once. These are the ones worth returning to, again and again.
- •Estela, SoHo, $$$The best beef tartare in all the land. And lots of other awesomeness.
- •I Sodi, West Village, $$Understated, amazing Italian. Love the lasagna. And all the pasta.
- •Buvette, West Village, $$Darling French place that works for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- •Sadelle's, West SoHo, $$Power Breakfast move.
- •Talde, Park Slope, $$Solid brunch, just solid.
- •Taqueria Diana, East Village, $Give me the nachos and no one gets hurt.
- •Arcade Bakery, Tribeca, $Some of the best breads and pastries you can find. And, it's in an office building lobby.
- •Bien Cuit, Cobble Hill, $The pain de mie is killer. So is the chocolate buckwheat cookie. And the artichoke-goat cheese croissant.
- •Spotted Pig, West Village, $$I do it for the gnudi.
- •Uncle Boons, SoHo, $$$My fave Thai. Lamb salad and coconut sundae are particular highlights.
- •Hometown BBQ, Red Hook, $$That brisket. The beef rib.
- •Legend, Chelsea, $$This is everyone's go-to Szechuan for a reason.
- •Breads Bakery, Union Square, $That babka.
- •Porsena, East Village, $$When you need a bowl of perfectly cooked pasta.
- •Taste of Persia, Union Square, $Amazing ash-e-reshteh soup. Bonus: Located inside a nondescript pizza place.
- •Roman's, Fort Greene, $$Rustic Italian food at its finest. Great pastas, meat, salad.