HOLDEN CAULFIELD IS THE BEST (OR MY FAVOURITE CATCHER IN THE RYE QUOTES)
True, beautiful and sometimes hysterical musings made by Holden.
- •"People never notice anything."
- •"Grand. There's a word I really hate."
- •"What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it."
- •"He wanted you to think that the only reason he was lousy at writing compositions was because he stuck all the commas in the wrong places."
- •"It looked pretty as hell, and we all started throwing snowballs..."
- •"Some things are hard to remember."
- •"I thought the two ugly ones, Marty and Laverne, were sisters, but they got very insulted when I asked them. You could tell neither one of them wanted to look like the other, and you couldn't blame them, but it was very amusing anyway."
- •"She was always reading, and she read very good books. She read a lot of poetry and all."
- •"I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it."
- •"... I love it when a kid's nice and polite when you tighten their skates for them or something."
- •"It always smelled like it was raining outside, even if it wasn't, and you were in the only nice, dry, cosy place in the world."
- •"The only thing that would be different would be you."
- •"He was strictly a pain in the ass, but he certainly had a good vocabulary."
- •"Every time I see her she's got a new middle name for herself."
- •"But what I mean is, lots of times you don't know what'd interests you the most till you start talking about something that doesn't interest you most..."