WOMEN, MY TWELVE YEAR OLD SELF THOUGHT WERE TOO FAT
Like so many girls of my generation, I was influenced by Barbie, Fashion magazines and our mothers
- •Britney SpearsI thought she was too fat to wear that crop top. Apparently I forgot what humans look like
- •Ginger SpiceI vaguely remember her being branded as the chubby one of the group. All I know, is that Geri Halliwell suffered from an ED
- •Drew BarrymoreI don't know. I'm beginning to think, I confused having boobs with being overweight..?
- •Kate WinsletWhy???
- •To be clear: these women are by all standards are skinny AND beautiful (and obviously very talented) and I am so glad to see more diversity in size and skin color these days.
- •But we have a long way to go.
- •I am for one done comparing myself. I'm done dieting. I'm done scrutinizing myself. I hope you are too.
- •And yes- I know it has been said before, but as long as I'm talking to teenagers who look at me like I might be from outer space, when I suggest they don't have to starve to get a bf/gf or to be popular, I will keep talking about this.