Things I've Done in the Last 24 Hours to Kick My Cold ➕➕
I'm no professional but I've done my research and this is what seems to work for me, in various combinations and only some of the time. (Apparently sometimes things need to run their course and you're stuck in bed for two weeks...). Suggestions please!
- •Gone to the doctorUnless you have a bacterial infection there's no point, but I guess you don't know until you go.
- •Lypospheric Vitamin C PacketsObsessed with these. They actually really help.
- •Andrographis Complex by Standard ProcessNot sure what's in it but it's basically a miracle (in my humble opinion).
- •Drink bone broth like coffeeThey're selling it everywhere now and it's super nourishing. The key here is drinking it in a mug or to-go coffee cup. You drink it faster than with a spoon. I try to have it twice a day. If you make it at home you can freeze it and it's very convenient. I like Sally Fallon's recipe.
- •Ginger Lemon Cayenne Shot chased with a tablespoon of Bee PollenClears sinuses quickly.
- •Constantly sipping on an alkalizing combination of warm water, lemon, Manuka honey, and a tbsp of apple cider vinegar.You get used to the taste after a while. Bonus-- besides healing a sickness it's great for your skin.
- •Liquid B Vitamin complexBoosts my energy when I feel like my adrenals are shot.
- •No ice cold drinks or foodI love smoothies and all the crazy supplements you can add to them-- Erewhon is my danger zone. However when I'm sick, I find warming liquids to be more efficient in healing- so stick with teas, broths, room temperature water, etc.
- •Grapefruit Seed ExtractLots of antioxidants and bioflavonoids-- they say it's anti-viral and anti-fungal. All I know is I traveled through some crazy places in the world and never got sick putting a couple drops of this in my water. Maybe it's superstition but I stick to it.
- •Garlic/Honey/Spice combo1/4 Cup of honey, 2 cloves minced garlic, 1/8 tsp each of turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne. Mix together and keep in an airtight container. Take a spoonful each day and watch your symptoms melt away!
- •Vitamin DripI actually haven't done this this time around, but if I'm feeling really weak I'll go. I go to my doctor because I don't trust random places and I get the Myers cocktail of Vitamins C and B, magnesium and calcium.
- •Echinacea and/Or Reishi Mushroom TeaAs long as I'm sipping on warm water it might as well have some bizarre herb in it that's supposed to make me feel better.