Things I Was Grateful for Today
- •My son smothering me with kisses in front of all his friends at preschool this morning
- •Watching guilty pleasure TV alone in my sauna bed at shape house for an hour while no one bothered me.
- •Not having my phone for an hour.See above
- •Gluten free lemon poppyseed pound cake from Huckleberry.This is the stuff dreams are made of. Do yourself a favor and go get some tomorrow.
- •Mint chip smoothie made with cacao and real mint!It's the little things in life.
- •Hanging with my baby girl for approximately 5 hours while she napped.And while i made lists (duh) and read Louise Gluck and Mary Oliver.
- •The random snacks my husband brings me when I'm locked in the nursery for half the day.Avocado and lime on a warm tortilla, egg in a hole...maybe some dark chocolate...
- •That I only had to watch 10 minutes of Naked and Afraid before my husband let me change the channel.Seriously this is a lucky night for me. And no Locked Up either. Score.
- •The doula I just hired who started her overnight shift 30 minutes ago.Which means in the morning I'll be grateful for 8 hours of sleep. Amen.