Things My Son Said at the Movies Yesterday
He's three and a half. We saw Inside Out. It was his first movie ever. And was an amazing experience for both of us.
- •Excuse me sir! This is my first movie! I'm so excited!To the ticket guy.
- •Wow! I never thought a screen could be so big!
- •How do they get the movies to the screen? Are they in that cloud thing? Does the movie fly here in a cloud?
- •Ok mom. I know the most important rule of movies- Be quiet!Then proceeded to talk throughout the whole thing. But I could see how hard he was trying to whisper. It was the sweetest.
- •Mommy, do I have those guys inside my head too? I have so many feelings right?
- •Mommy, I like disgust!
- •Mommy, can you pass the popcorn?This for some reason was the cutest to me. I think because I was hearing it for the first of many movie adventures that he'll have over the course of his lifetime.
- •Hey, mom! [Pointing at whole theatre]. Do all these people have those guys inside their heads too?
- •Mommy, I think they're in space. Will you take me to space in that rocket ship? I'm dying to go to space.
- •Oh man. The subconscious looks scary!Definitely didn't pronounce this correctly.
- •Mommy, thank you so much. This is the best day ever.Melting.