CELEBRITIES I'VE EMBARASSED MYSELF IN FRONT OF
full-time writer + formerly in the music industry + insane mom + low tolerance = recipe for opportunity, potential for disaster.
- •Jessica SimpsonWhile in New York during high school, my mom saw Jessica Simpson getting into her SUV surrounded by fans. She grabbed me, half-hopped in the trunk to take a picture of the back of her head, and got shoved away by security. I still have the picture. It's hilarious.
- •Jon HammI was very drunk and very hungry, and asked him if he had any candy. At 3am. I defended myself by claiming i'd heard rumor that he always has a pocket filled with gummies...which was a total lie. I still wonder if he googled "Jon Hamm gummies" on the ride home.
- •Trey AnastasioMet a few times, and encounters were mostly great...until I offered to babysit his kids and (dumb) asked for (DUMB) business card (?!?! DUMB!!!) He laughed and said he didn't have one. So dumb.
- •Marcus SamuelssonI attended a swanky upfront at the Museum of Natural History with my husband's band, and made a really weird, awkward cannibal joke that he was very confused by.
- •Some guy from 90210 (original cast)My mom used me as bait while on vacation in Miami to "see if it was him or not" by saying I was a huge fan of the show. I was nine. Netflix didn't exist yet. This plan was deeply flawed.
- •Seth RoganDid you know they serve you endless champagne at the VMA's? Neither did I. Oof.
- •Drummer of a band that shall not be namedI finagled my way into a pre-show date, which ended with us walking to the venue silently because he had to "get into the zone". Actually, you know what? This ones on him.
- •DrakeI threw myself under the bus to ask some weird questions about Hanukkah for a video package for work. We got the clip 👌 but he laughed in my face 😞
- •@WhitPort (!)I was once on an (unaired) episode of The City for Epic Records, and you were so nice and invited me to your karaoke birthday! I proceeded to eat shit at a Hall & Oates song in front of everyone as they tried not to laugh. I have been on a karaoke ban since. (This is actually my most embarrassing moment.) so sorry 😳