BAGGAGE FROM GROWING UP WITH A HOARDER PARENT
My dad is/was a hoarder. I spent early adulthood thinking I could hide my upbringing, but that didn't exactly work.
- •Obsessively smelling your clothes to make sure it doesn't smell like urine and mold.
- •Hatred of dollar stores and yard sales.
- •Everything is disposable. Haven't used it in 3 days? Throw it away!!
- •Empty fridge. I don't care if the "use by" date isn't for a month, it's bad!
- •Judging every house you go in to try to learn what "normal" looks like.
- •Zero tolerance for bugs. If I see a bug in my apartment, I move out.
- •No magazines. No decorations. Only essentials.