MY TOP 10 FAVORITE FIRST LADIES OF THE US
Aka, my favorite women ever
- •Betty FordPublicly pro-feminism and pro-choice despite being republican. A divorced dancer and recovering alcoholic. One of the first women to talk about breast cancer and responsible for a huge wave of mammograms.
- •Hilary ClintonSuper involved in policy in a meaningful way, had her marriage and relationship attacked in a very nasty way and came out strong and powerful as ever. Smart smart smart.
- •Lady Bird JohnsonSubstantially cooler than her husband, super pro-environment, first First Lady to have her own press secretary, had to be super brave to see what happened to Jacqueline and John and not be too scared to move forward.
- •Rosalynn CarterHalf of the most charming Pres/1st lady pairing. Helped to fight against mental health stigma, sat in on cabinet meetings, seemed like a great weirdo.
- •Michelle ObamaFriends with Beyoncé
- •Eleanor RooseveltI started crying when I typed her name so, that.
- •Dolley MadisonBasically wrote the rules of First Ladying.
- •Jacqueline KennedyHandled tragedy with grace.
- •Abigail AdamsJohn Adams opponents literally shit on him for having such a politically active and smart wife.
- •Florence HardingShe served booze at parties during prohibition and wanted better rights for working women.