BEST PLACES TO STRAIGHT UP DRINK WHISKEY IN LA
For serious whiskey drinkers
- •Bar JackalopeFound in the back of Seven Grand and open only Sunday through Thursday. Enjoy a cigar and whiskey flight on the patio.
- •£10Located in Montage Beverly Hills, this Macallan whiskey bar is $$$$ featuring rare spirits including several rare expressions of Macallan, aged from 15 to 64.
- •Daily PintThis unassuming beer bar in Santa Monica houses "the largest and rarest selection of single malts west of the Mississippi."
- •Blind DonkeyThis Pasadena whiskey bar stocks over 100 whiskies -- American, Irish, Scottish, and Canadian.
- •Far BarSelect from over 20 different whiskey flights ($20 to $100) at this Little Tokyo bar which features one of the largest collections of whiskies.
- •Thirsty CrowNamed one of Esquire's Best Bars in America 2011 Thirsty Crow has more than 40 small-batch bourbons.
- •Lost PropertyThe theme of this Hollywood bar on Hollywood and Vine is "lost and found" so it features lost and super rare whiskies.
- •The PikeyThe Pikey co-owner Jared Meisler is actually selling pours of whiskies from his collection of rare vintage bottles.
- •Vestry at Tom Bergin'sA private whiskey club over Tom Bergin's featuring super rare whiskies.