Thoughts I Had While Re-watching 'Far From the Madding Crowd'
- •Dorset is staggeringly beautiful.Even when (spoiler) sheep are hurling themselves off cliffs. Thanks for that image, Thomas Hardy.
- •I will now watch every film that Matthias Schoenarts has been in.First up, Rust and Bone.
- •I'm remembering how much I loathe those Wickham types.Looking at you, Sergeant Troy.
- •NO CAREY MULLIGAN!Fancy fencing shouldn't be this effective, romantically speaking.
- •NOT THE SHEEP AGAIN.Sheep really are an issue in this story.
- •Gabriel Oak. Oh, I get it.Oak, as in, like, a sturdy, reliable tree. A little on the nose, but I'll deal.