BEST BOB DYLAN SONGS: LYRICS EDITION
These are essentially my favorite Bob Dylan songs of all time, but I especially focused on songs with the best lyrics. This is very roughly in order of greatness, though emphasis on roughly.
- •Visions of Johanna"The harmonicas play the skeleton keys and the rain. And these visions of Johanna are now all that remain."
- •Tangled Up In Blue"We always did feel the same, we just saw it from a different point of view"
- •Don't Think Twice, It's All Right"I'm walkin' down that long, lonesome road, babe. Where I'm bound, I can't tell. But goodbye's too good a word, gal, so I'll just say fare thee well."
- •Like a Rolling Stone"You never turned around to see the frowns of the jugglers and the clowns when they all come down and did tricks for you. You never understood that it ain't no good, you shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you"
- •Positively 4th Street"And now I know you're dissatisfied with your position and your place. Don't you understand it's not my problem."
- •A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall"Oh, where have you been, my blue-eyed son? Oh, where have you been, my darling young one?"
- •Mr. Tambourine Man"Then take me disappearin' through the smoke rings of my mind, down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves, the haunted, frightened trees, out to the windy beach, far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow."
- •Desolation Row"They're selling postcards of the hanging, they're painting the passports brown. The beatify parlor is filled with sailors, the circus is in town."
- •I Shall Be Released"They say every man needs protection, they say every man must fall, yet I swear I see my reflection some place so high above this wall. I see my light come shining from the west unto the east. Any day now, any day now, I shall be released."
- •Simple Twist of Fate"He told himself he didn't care, pushed the window open wide, felt an emptiness inside to which he just could not relate, brought on by a simple twist of fate."