BEST SUPERGROUPS OF ALL TIME
For those of you new to the term, a supergroup is a band whose members were already successful before in another band or as solo artists.
- •Crosby, Stills, Nash, & YoungFavorite song: "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes." Known for their beautiful melodies and tight harmonies, these guys were better together than they ever were apart (except for Young, maybe)
- •Emerson, Lake & PalmerFavorite song: "Pictures at an Exhibition." Okay, this song is album-length, but what else can you expect from the reigning kings of '70s prog rock?
- •Traveling WilburysFavorite song: "Handle Me With Care." These guys only came out with two albums, but what a fantastic two albums they were. I think I've already talked about my obsession with Bob Dylan and George Harrison in previous lists, so a band with both of them is gold to me.
- •CreamFavorite song: "White Room." These guys are just good old-fashioned sixties rock. Eric Clapton was their real star.
- •Derek and the DominoesFavorite song: "Layla." Another great Clapton project, and the band that brought us the classic "I'm in love with my best friend, George's wife" song that everyone knows and loves.
- •fun.Favorite song: "Carry On." Bet you didn't know this group was a supergroup. They've basically won the catchy indie pop/rock game.
- •The HighwaymenFavorite song: "Highwayman." I'm not generally the biggest country fan, but these guys are great. I love Johnny Cash.
- •The Hollywood VampiresI've never actually listened to them, so no favorite song. I'm very intrigued though, especially now that they're regrouping. Johnny Depp and Paul McCartney in the same band? It seems Paul McCartney is the go-to collaborator these days (not that I'm complaining).
- •Temple of the DogWorth it for Hunger Strike, but I like the whole Temple of the Dog album. Basically a combination of Soundgarden and Pearl Jam.Suggested by @doesntmattr
- •The FirmBest song: Phone Tap. Nas, AZ, Foxy Brown, and Nature in their primes produced by post Death Row Dr. Dre.Suggested by @doesntmattr